The One Club for Creativity, the world’s foremost non-profit organisation celebrating creative excellence in advertising and design, today announced the selection of June Laffey (left), executive creative director, Australia and Southeast Asia, McCann Health in Sydney to serve on the jury of The One Show Health, Wellness & Pharmaceutical Awards.
Entries can be submitted via http://www.oneshow.org, deadline for entry is January 31, 2018.
The jury, representing nine countries, will judge work from around the
world based on creativity of ideas and quality of execution.
- Amit Akali, executive creative director, Medula Communications, Mumbai, India
- Stephanie Berman, partner, chief creative officer, The Bloc, New York, NY, USA
- Allison Ceraso, managing director, chief creative officer, Havas Life, New York, NY, USA
- Kathy Delaney, global chief creative officer, PublicisHealth/Saatchi Wellness, New York, NY, USA
- Todd Henwood, vice president, creative director, GSW Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Mirko Kaminski, founder, executive creative director, Achtung Kommunication, Hamburg, Germany
- June Laffey, executive creative director, Australia and Southeast Asia, McCann Health, Sydney, Australia
- Brett O’Connor, executive creative director, VCCP Health, London, UK
- Carles Puig, executive creative director, Grey Health, Santiago, Chile
- Bernardo Romero, senior vice president, group creative director, Area 23, New York, NY, USA
- Michael Schreiber, executive creative director, DDB Health, New York, NY, USA
- Ricardo Sciammarella Pereira, executive creative director, Ogilvy, São Paulo, Brazil
- Masaya Shimizu, planning director, Dentsu, Tokyo, Japan
- Joan Wildermuth, executive director, chief creative officer, Juice, New York, NY, USA
of the Health Wellness & Pharmaceutical as a separate discipline is
a reflection of the unique demands of the those sectors. Vertical
markets within the discipline include Over-the-Counter, Dietary
Supplements/Nutraceuticals, OTC Products & Equipment,
Prescription/Pharmaceuticals, Health Services,
Awareness/Advocacy/Education/Fundraising and Business-to-Business.
Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club for Creativity: “This new jury
consists of esteemed creative professionals from around the world who
specialize in this unique field where work often needs to pass both
creative and regulatory muster. Health, wellness and pharma continue to
be fast-growing segments with their own unique regulatory challenges,
and the creative work deserves to be judged by a separate dedicated jury
of advertising experts.”
He added the quality of creative work in these areas has advanced significantly in recent years.
Swanepoel: “Soon after launching One Show Rx in 2000 as the ad
industry’s first awards show for pharma, we recognized much of the work
was not yet up to One Show Pencil standards and rolled the discipline
back into the overall One Show four years later. Today, health wellness
and pharma deserve to be a separate discipline again due to the elevated
quality of the work.”
The One Show judging takes place in March
2018, with finalists announced in April in lead up the The One Show
awards ceremonies on May 9 and 11, 2018 during Creative Week in New York.
For more information about The One Show and to enter, please visit http://www.oneshow.org.