The Advertising Club of New York’s International ANDY Awards, now in its 54th year, has today announced it has opened up its Call for Entries.
The ANDY Awards has announced its Integrated Jury for 2018. Pete Favat, chief creative officer, Deutsch North America will serve as
this year’s jury chair as part of the two-year commitment to the show. David Nobay (left), founder and creative chairman, Marcel Sydney will represent Australia on the jury.
Per The Club’s highly-publicized “Open Letter to the Industry,” The
ANDY Awards has taken a leadership role by pressing reset, creating an
award show which reflects the direction of its business while
simultaneously simplifying the process for those that submit their work.
To enter this year’s show, visit The ANDY Awards official site at www.andyawards.com.
the first premiere advertising award show of the season, The
International ANDY Awards is an early predictor that often provides a
glimpse into what will sweep the industry’s award season. With a look
inside this year’s jury room, entrants also gain additional insight as
to which work is resonating best with industry leaders.
Gina Grillo, president and CEO of The AD Club: “After much consideration
and consultation with our Creative Council of leaders, we have made two
bold decisions, which we believe will have long-term impact on award
shows and their significance to our industry. The first is the
elimination of categories, and the second is providing the community
access to what has always been a closed door experience around final
judging deliberations. It is our belief that the two steps combined will
keep the focus on the ideas themselves and offer the opportunity for
education regarding award-winning work, increased fame for the work, the
winners and most importantly, ensure absolute transparency.”
While the ANDYs are eliminating categories, the following areas of recognition will remain but the ideas come first:
• Distinction for Craft
• Socially Conscious Ideas
• RESET (innovative or groundbreaking ideas)
• The Bravery Award (best examples of creative/marketer collaboration)
• Student Work
The below list of creative leaders will serve on the 2018 Integrated Jury.
• Rosie Bardeles, Executive Creative Director, BETC
• Susan Credle, Global Chief Creative Officer, FCB
• Colleen DeCourcy, Partner, Global Co-Executive Creative Director, Wieden+Kennedy
• Geoff Edwards, Co-Head of Creative, CAA
• Kerstin Emhoff, Co-Founder / President, PRETTYBIRD
• Gerry Graf, Founder / Chief Creative Officer, Barton F. Graf
• Judy John, Chief Executive Officer, Canada / Chief Creative Officer, North America, Leo Burnett
• Margaret Johnson, Chief Creative Officer, GS&P
• Andrew Keller, Global Creative Director, Facebook Creative Shop
• Jeff Kling, Chief Creative Officer, Fallon
• Nick Law, Vice Chairman, Global Chief Creative Officer, R/GA
• Ted Lim, Chief Creative Officer, Dentsu Brand Agencies, APAC
• David Nobay, Creative Chairman & Founder, Marcel Sydney
• Marc S. Pritchard, Chief Brand Officer, Procter & Gamble (2017 Bravery Award Winner for P&G India)
• Anselmo Ramos, Founder & outgoing Chief Creative Officer, DAVID
• Jamie Robinson, Co-Founder & Chief Creative Officer , Joan