Virginia Giuffre thanks followers for ‘beautiful support’ after BBC Panorama interview
The woman who claims she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew three times as a teenager has thanked the public for their support following her first interview on British television.
“Just want to say a million thank yous to all of the beautiful support I received today!!” Virginia Giuffre said on Twitter.
“It makes me so grateful to know that there is so much public outcry for the world to change.
“It needs to change and we have to band together to do that!! All my love.”
Just want to say a million thank you’s to ALL of the beautiful support I received today!! It makes me so grateful to know that there is so much public outcry for the world to change. It needs to change and we HAVE to band together to do that!! ALL MY LOVE 💕🦋
— Virginia Giuffre (@VRSVirginia) December 3, 2019
Ms Giuffre alleges she was trafficked as a sex slave by convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein and made to have sex with the Duke of York three times in 2001 and 2002, in the US, London and the Caribbean, when she was 17 years old.
Appearing on the BBC’s Panorama program on Monday night (British time), the 36-year-old said it had been a “really scary” and “wicked” time in her life.
She also described her alleged sexual encounter with Prince Andrew in great detail, saying it began in the bath and then moved to another part of the house.
“It didn’t last very long, the whole entire procedure,” she avid.
“It was disgusting … He wasn’t mean or anything, but he got up and he said ‘thanks’ and walked out.”
Buckingham Palace has strenuously denied the claims, labelling them “false” and “without foundation”.
In response to the Panorama interview, a spokesman said the Duke “unequivocally regrets his ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein” and “deeply sympathises with those affected who want some form of closure”.
The TV interview came just hours ahead of a royal reception for NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation) leaders and their partners, including US President Donald Trump, at Buckingham Palace.
The Queen, Prince Charles and several other high-ranking members of the royal family are expected to attend, though Prince Andrew has been notably left off the guest list.
“I don’t know Prince Andrew, but it’s a tough story,” he said.
“It’s a tough story – I don’t know.”
Ms Giuffre alleges she was working at Mr Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in 2001 when she was first approached by Epstein’s girlfriend, British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell.
She said she was asked to give Epstein a massage, and that he and Ms Maxwell had seemed like “nice people” so she had opened up about her childhood abuse.
“I told them I’ve had a really hard time,” she said.
“That was the worst thing I could have told them because now they knew how vulnerable I was — it was like a gift for them.”
Originally published as Giuffre speaks out after interview