Now open: Redland City Council’s Community Grants program
DO you have a Redlands Coast community-based program, project or event that needs an injection of funding to support the efforts of you or your organisation?
Round 2 of Redland City Council’s Community Grants and Sponsorship program (for 2019 – 20) is now open for community grants, with sponsorship applications being accepted from February 17.
Mayor Karen Williams said council provided financial assistance to individuals and organisations, helping them run projects that benefited the local community.
“Since 2009 we have awarded more than 1,000 grants and sponsorship totalling more than $6 million,” Cr Williams said.
“Our aim is to maximise benefits for the community and ensure the fair distribution of resources.
“All applications go through a competitive assessment process that ensures equity, openness and transparency.”
Cr Williams said it was through community grants that council helped fund initiatives across a range of areas, including economic development, community development, sport and recreation, cultural heritage, the arts, and the environment.
“When applying, there are four community grant categories to choose from: organisational support, project support, conservation and capital infrastructure,” she said.
“The Grants and Sponsorship Team is also offering a free Strategic Planning Workshop in early-March which has been so popular that it has already booked out.
“But council is keeping a waiting list for another workshop if there is a need.
“Phone the Grants and Sponsorship Team on 3829 8999 to express your interest.”
Round 1 recipients included:
- Alexandra Hills Men’s Shed Inc: $32,953 to build a new workshop.
- Alexandra Hills Australian Football Club: $50,000 to install new LED lighting.
- Coochiemudlo Island Coastcare Incorporated: $6,103 to produce a guide to protecting the island’s environment.
- Volunteer Marine Rescue Redland Bay: $3000 to host bar crossing training for skippers.
Key dates: 2019 – 2020 Grants and Sponsorship Program
- Strategic Planning Workshop – Tuesday, March 3, 2020 from 6 – 9pm (waiting list applies).
- Grants – Round 2 now open. Applications accepted until March 2, 2020.
- Sponsorship – Round 2 opens soon. Applications will be accepted from February 17, 2020.
To book a meeting with the Grants and Sponsorship Team and for a fact sheet with all the details, visit redland.qld.gov.au/grants.